1. Short Sale Constraints and Corporate Investment, (with Gupta, Vishal, Lipson, Marc L., & Mortal, Sandra C.), Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Forthcoming. [SSRN]
Presented at Alabama, Memphis, Macquarie, Monash, UNSW, Saint Louis University, Hong Kong Baptist University, NEOMA Business School, AFA 2017 PhD Session, FMA Europe 2017, NFA 2016, FMA Doctoral Consortium 2015
2. Short Selling Constraints and Politically Motivated Negative Information Suppression, (with Jiang, Christine X., & Young, Danqing), 2021, Journal of Corporate Finance, 68, 101943. [SSRN]
Media coverage: Duke FinReg Blog
Presented at IESEG School of Business, Wuhan University, Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, CUHK, 3rd China-Europe Conference, EAA 2018, AFBC 2017, FIRN 2017
3. Short-sale Constraints and Stock Price Crash Risk: Causal Evidence from a Natural Experiment, (with Gao, Lei, & Kim, Jeong-Bon), 2020, Journal of Corporate Finance, 60, 101498. [SSRN]
Media coverage: Oxford Business Law Blog CATO Institute Marginal Revolution ValueWalk
Presented at Iowa State, Xiamen University, Nankai University, Xi'an Jiaotong University, SWUFE-Exeter Joint Research Workshop, AFBC 2014
1. Seeing is Believing: Annual Report "Graphicity" and Stock Returns Predictability, (with Gao, Lei, Hu, Bo, & Zhou, Guofu). [Download Paper]
Firms adding graphic information to annual reports experience positive abnormal returns.
Presented at SFS Cavalcade Asia-Pacific, CICF 2022, CUHK-Shenzhen, Melbourne, Syracuse, Wash U-St. Louis
2. Gender Stereotyping in Executives Labor Market, (with Gao, Lei, & Han, Jianlei). [New Draft Coming Soon]
It seems that female candidates achieve CEO positions with better qualifications.
Presented at FMA Asia-Pacific 2022 (scheduled), AEA 2020, Temple University, Curtin University, University of Wollongong
3. Geopolitical Risk and Technological Innovation, (with Astvansh, Vivek, & Habib, Adnan).
Firms' innovation output is worsened amid rising geopolitical risk, likely through losing critical talents and lowering R&D investment.
Featured in Harvard Business Review
Presented at Massey University, Indiana University, FIRN PhD Symposium
4. Stakeholder Orientation and Corporate Investment: Evidence from Constituents Statues, (with Jiang, Christine, & Shen, & Shuyu). [New Draft Coming Soon]
Stakeholder oriented firms invest less but more efficiently.
Presented at FMA 2022